COURSE REQUIREMENTS & CONTENT
All course workbooks are sent as e-workbooks and are to be printed and brought to the course.
THE MENEZES PILATES FLOOR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
The MENEZES Pilates Floor/Mat Level I is designed for those who have gained:
- a minimum 1 year personal training teaching (prereq: Registered Fitness Leader Certificate IV),
- physically fit,
- Senior First Aid certified
- minimum RAD Advanced Certificate and 2 years of dance teaching to adults or similar
- higher qualifications (such as physiotherapy, sports science, human movement degree + 12 months experience
- by interview.
The Pilates method is rapidly becoming one of the most highly regarded exercise techniques in the world. By strengthening and elongating muscles, Pilates can prevent injury among athletes, dancers and the general populace, as well as significantly reduce the time it takes for rahabilitation from workplace and exercise injuries.
Pilates is also being used by those who desire an alternative to gyms and weight training. By using the Pilates method to tone and balance muscles, flexibility and strength are achieved without bulk.
Your workshop leader is Allan Menezes or one of his other highly qualified staff.
- Tuition and theory exam for the four days
- Practical exam required via DVD at 30 days of the end of the course
- Logbook of daily workouts for 30 days after the course
You also get:
- Twelve month membership of the Pilates Institute
- Access to the staff for any queries regarding your clients.
- Name, business name, telephone and internet details to the leading Pilates website in the world
- Floor 1 DVD and workbook
- " PilatesTheory Bible" and Routine e-Books
- Access to insurance which covers the specific Menezes Method style of Pilates
The Differences between MENEZES Pilates(TM) and other Pilates:
- Four specific breathing rules
- The B-Line(R)
- The Perfect Torso Posture(TM)
- The Menezes Position (TM)
- The MENEZES Pilates CORe(TM)
- Stable Spine(TM)
- Golden Rules for teaching
- Specific sequencing and cueing of words when teaching
- The Stamina Stretch(TM) for increased lung capacity
- The Safety Scales(TM)
- Continual Feedback Assessment (CFA) for clients
- The Exercise Formula (TM) for superior teaching
- Most exercises have a 'pre-fit' and 'super-fit' version for a wider exercise base
- Superior bio-mecahnics than ALL other functional Pilates courses available
Pilates Floor Level 1 is the entry-level course for those wishing to commence a career in the Pilates method. This essential course gives you all the theory for future courses. This gives you all the tools to enable you to become the best. It is a four day highly intensive course designed to create an in-depth understanding of pilates theory, over 20 stretches and exercises to instruct and teaching and presentation skills.
EACH EXERCISE HAS 2 TO 3 VARIATIONS TO SUIT YOUR DIFFERING CLIENT BASE, this gives you up to 60 versions of the exercises!! Other courses only give you one version. Theory and practical exams on the fourth day are competency based.
It is recommended that instructors do a full Level 1 workout each day for 30 days before starting classes - once a logbook of these hourse are received by the PIA Certificate of Accreditation will be sent to successful participants.
"To be terrific - you have to be Specific!"
100 hours logbook after 30 days of personal workouts and DVD submission is required to proceed to Floor 2/3
This course includes PIA 12 month membership.
There are 2 parts to the Floor 1 Exam: Theory and Practical.
The Theory Exam is on the last day fo the Floor Course - Pass mark 75%
The Practical Exam is by DVD submission. Please see FLOOR 1 Process for DVD submission details.
Pilates Floor Level 2/3 (Intermediate/Advanced) is a Three day highly intensive course involving more muscle mechanics than Level 1. The first half of the first day is a refresher of you teaching Level 1 - and brushing up all your skills at that level - "invaluable" is the response from this review. This course includes exercises to the next level: intermediate for more challenging routines for your clients.
Practical competency (exam) is required at the end of the course, then a 100 hour log at Level 2/3 is required with video submission. Successful completion of the video assessment is required prior to commencing "Muscle Mechanics for Menezes Pilates"
Pilates for Pregnancy One of our most popular courses! Discover how to exercise an essential section of the population. Vital information necessary to cope with the three trimesters of pregnancy ( we don't go according to tri-mester alone - we also go by size):
* what to look out for while exercising
* how to cope with 'hot flushes'
* how to effectively engage the pelvic floor
* what precautions to take when the relaxin starts to kick in
* which muscles to use for pelvic stability and balance
* how to use the lateral abdominals for use during labour
* how to increase lung capacity as the bub gets larger and you feel out of breath
* how to work those 'flabby' muscles and stay toned during this exciting time
* how to use biomechanics and our Safety Scales to get the best results
* how the "healthy body - healthy mind" adage is so important
There will be a warm-up section of 7 stretches and an exercise section of 15-20 exercises specifically geared towards the pregnant mum - you will practice with balloons - even the guys, so you know what is similar to (but still a long way from it)!
Each exercise will have either a pre-fit, normal or super-fit version so you can change it according to your clients requirements.
If you have not completed a PIA course prior to this, then it is recommended to purchase "The Pilates Theory Bible" as all the theory for this course is in this essential e-Book.
Pilates on the Ball 1& 2. These popular courses combine the Pilates floor routine on the Swiss Ball. There are two levels in this course: Ball 1 consisting of one-day and Ball 2 also 1 day. Come prepared to learn a whole new routine which will challenge both you and your clients to any level, beginners to advanced! Bring your own ball - we will blow it up for you!
100 hours of teaching Ball 1 must be logged before commencing Ball 2.
Pilates for the Foam Roller is all about core stability. This one day workshop, for those who have good experience of the Pilates method, will take you through more challenging routines for those clients who require more challenging workouts. The unstable nature of the Pilates roller is ideal for those who require more core stability while performing the exercises from the Pilates floor routine. Foam Roller provided or bring your own.
Pilates Reformer Level 1 is a four-day intensive course for those who have completed MENEZESpilates Floor 1. (Practitioners are excused from this requirement) Suitable for fitness instructors as well as physiotherapists, this course teaches you how to identify specific movements on the reformer and how to obtain the maximum benefits whether for fitness enthusiasts or rehabilitation. This course opens your eyes to the importance of the Pilates equipment and how to use it correctly for the appropriate person. It will help you teach your floor routines more effectively! This is a prerequisite for the Pilates Reformer Level 2, the Intermediate/Advanced 3 day course providing you with more challenging routines. Theory and practical exams at the end of each course.
Pilates Reformer Level 3 is for trainers, athletes and sports enthusiasts. The first of its kind, this course identifies and coaches trainers and athletes in how to improve their sports performance, and those of their students, and increase their stamina while improving joint mobility without reducing muscle strength. The is a demanding course! You must be fit to attend this one!
Pilates for Kids. This course is the only Pilates course of its kind in Australia. This course will be restructured and be mainly by correspondance. Pre-requisite is the PIA Floor 1 course. Details will be available by emailing the PIA Education Department.Pilates for Practitioners is a 2 day course designed to introduce and enhance the Pilates essentials for all practitioners involved in rehabilitation as their profession. Whether you have undertaken previous Pilates courses or not, this course is an eye-opener in all aspects ranging from how to the identify weaker muscle groups, to how important foot posture is in relation to back pain. There will be a series of 12 exercises designed for rehabilitation and how to apply these to your patients. New techniques in joint mobilisation and core stability will be introduced on this course! You will be surprised at how simple it is to apply theory into everyday practical use. This course is very strongly based one of practical aspects of the Pilates method and how to teach them. If you have completed the PIA Floor 1, you will only be required to attend the second day of the course.