The Menezes Fitness and Pilates Ultimate Theory Course.
Introduction to Pilates – Ultimate Pilates Theory Course
What do you do to become a pilates instructor and do not have any qualifications or prerequisites? This course will lead you to become well versed to commence the Instructor Training Course.
This is a brand new online course.
There are many people who have become so taken with the Pilates Method, either from having completed so many classes, or because they have recovered from a back or other condition, that they wish to become either full time or part time pilates instructors.
In order to you to be covered by the regulatory insurance requirements in the fitness industry, certain criteria need to be fulfilled if you are not qualified in the Movement Space.
If you are based in anywhere in the world this course is for you!
This course is available to anyone wishing to become qualified as a Pilates Instructor.
Knowledge of Pilates Theory is essential to grasp BEFORE commencing any course, whether a Mat or Reformer instructor. This applies to Personal Trainers, Physical Therapists/Physiotherapists, Exercise physiologists, etc.
If you have no qualifications in movement, then before commencing this course, or at the same time as doing this course, you will need to consider completing a fitness qualification, preferably as a Personal Trainer in your country through a recognised Fitness Organisation.
To register, please email your interest to the Course Coordinator
- It is also highly recommended to Complete at least 150 workouts from the Menezes Pilates Floor 1 DVD. (The Floor 1 DVD is online and can be ordered from Our Website.) A logbook of the 150 completed sessions must be maintained for verification.
- If you are based in Sydney you must also attend the Body Contrology Pilates Studio for weekly sessions for 6 months (other studios around the country will be additional costs). This is an extra cost of $850 (a discount of $400 from normal rates).This will get you an extra ‘leg up’ and this attendance will be listed on your certificate as a higher level of achievement. (A video will not be required of you completing the exercises and teaching skills assessment, as required below, if you attend the Studio sessions.)
- A video of you completing a full workout will be required as well as a video of you teaching (family or friends) the Warm up stretches and the PAC from the DVD to assess your teaching skills for the course.
- Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to attend the Menezes Pilates Floor 1 Instructor Training course at a reduced rate of $995 (including 12 month membership of the Pilates Institute of Australasia), normal RRP is $1395.00
- All studio and course fees must be paid at the same time prior to commencing classes. If you are not based in Sydney, different criteria apply for the continuation of the course to Professional Teaching Standard. (Separate details are available for this and the Floor Level 1 Course will soon be available online).
- If you are outside Australia we will have an online version of this course.
- Please call the office on (02) 9410 0274 or email Pilates Institute Education Centre if you have any further queries.