Do you wake up in the morning after sleeping for the recommended 8 hours still feeling tired? Whilst it’s important to follow the recommended duration of sleeping, the quality of your sleep has a big impact on how you feel when you wake up!
Here are some tips to get a better night’s sleep!
1. Avoid consuming caffeine in the afternoon or at night time
2. Limit blue light exposure in the night time. Blue light is emitted from your phone screen, tablet, laptop/computer and TV. Keeping these outside of your sleeping space will help
3. Don’t exercise before sleeping. Whilst exercise has been proved to improve one’s quality of sleep, exercising provides the body with stimulation and therefore, if done right before sleeping, will increase the time it takes to fall asleep.
4. Try to regulate your sleeping habits by going to sleep and waking up at the same time every day
5. Clear your mind with some deep breathing and/or meditation
6. Wind down for the night – use essential oils, put on a face mask, listen to some soft and calm relaxing music, read a book, have a warm and relaxing bath
Leave a Reply