Pilates exercises offer a complete fitness system. They combine key elements of yoga and bodywork with original techniques that strengthen the “core” muscles of the torso while increasing flexibility throughout the body. Rather than building bulk, the techniques create sculpted muscles, reduce stress and increase energy.
This is the complete Menezes Pilates Method comprehensive theory and Floor routine based on the works of Joe Pilates. This book is frequently used as an instructors training manual.
The beginning of the book deals with the most comprehensive Pilates Theory and Principles ever written and evaluated, including Breathing styles, Core connections, etc.
There are over 120 photos and illustrations covering all the Pilates Floor exercises from beginners to advanced.
SPECIAL FEATURES OF THIS BOOK
- A thorough introduction to the history and philosophy of Pilates’ techniques
- Detailed descriptions of 115 Pilates exercises in basic, intermediate and advanced routines
- 176 step-by-step photographs illustrating the exercises
- A special chapter on pain relief for back, knees, hips, shoulders, ankles and feet
- A special section for athletes, with strength-building and flexibility exercises
THIS NEW EDITION INCLUDES SPECIAL SECTIONS ON:
- The Stamina Stretch – to increase breathing capacity and support core abdominal muscles
- The B-Line Core – to give support for routines, a trimmer waist and relief from back pain
- How to change the way you walk to prevent back pain and tension headaches
- Back strengthening routines for rotational sports like golf, tennis and racquetball
- Upper-body exercises for computer users
Most Pilates books don’t address the different needs of beginners, advanced practitioners and athletes – but this book is different!
Written by a former top college athlete, it can be used by both beginners and instructors to complement sports training programs.
The exercises are also perfect for people who simply want to get in shape! Use this book as your personal training manual as you explore your fitness potential to the fullest!
eBook – You will receive the eBook in your email inbox with a PDF password once ordered.
Please note: our eBooks and DVDs are private and password protected. They are not to be shared or forwarded to anyone, to abide with copyright laws. Access to these materials will be revoked if copyright laws are breached.
There are no reviews yet.